Here at theBridge we want to invite men into authentic community so that they can better encounter Christ and experience His dynamic presence and power in their lives. Because we are “jars of clay,” we make no pretenses… guys do not have to get their lives cleaned up before they are welcome. All of us are in process. But because God is at work in us through His grace, we can expect to experience his transforming power in our lives, and through us, see that power extended to the lives of others.
This group exists to come alongside men to help them follow Jesus in ways that are unique to men through our vocations (such as loving and glorifying God through our work), roles (such as husbands and fathers), and Kingdom callings (how God has made them and wants to use them to represent His Kingdom in the church, local community, and world). “Where no oxen are , the manger is clean, but much revenue comes by the strength of an ox.” Proverbs 14:4 (NASB)
Their are number of activities, events, and small groups that are designed for men, but it’s important for us to understand that these events are not ends in themselves; they are designed to help men develop relationships where they can share their lives with one another and to further the specific purpose of helping men follow Jesus through our vocations, roles, and Kingdom callings.
1. Men’s Breakfasts/Bible Studies—a key time for getting to know other men and develop relationships, great food and a topic relevant to men.
2. Men’s Retreat—a great opportunity to connect on a deeper level (Golf and Deep Sea Fishing) and to receive solid teaching with pointed application for men who desire to follow Jesus.
3. Small Group Fellowships—for prayer, accountability and study.
4. One-on-One Discipleship—for men to encourage each other through fellowship and study.
5. Annual God, Guns & Golf – provide a forum for guys to get to know one another better and invite friends from outside the church.
We are about getting men DONE; instead of using men to get the job done.
For more information on Men’s Ministry connect with Josh Pate